Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tidbits for 4-19-09

There's a break in the horror movie-viewing schedule right now as I polish up the old whirlybird. Let me take some time to alert you to some other sites and items worth a peek or two:

* Have some memories from your childhood about something you saw on TV or at the movies or read in a book that was disturbing or frightening to you? Maybe you don't remember exactly what you saw, but I've got just the place for you to hang out: Kindertrauma. They were one of the first sites I plugged over on the sidebar because it is just the perfect place to reminisce about that strange Bigfoot movie from the 70's or some weird Carvel ice cream commercial or, hell, just that classic, Burnt Offerings. Uncle Lancifer and Aunt John, along with their many readers, offer reading material that will keep you busy for hours. Days, even. I can, and have, spent all day on Kindertrauma. Go. You won't be disappointed.

* This is old news now, but I think there's some serious potential here. Jackie Earle Haley (most recently Rorschach in Watchmen) is your new Freddy Krueger in the reboot of Nightmare on Elm Street, according to this item from Bloody-Disgusting.com. Finally, people are seeing what we 70's kids saw: the guy can act.

* While I've been concentrating mostly on film, I'm going to be covering some other media as well. Soon, I'll create a post about the disturbingly insane comic, "Crossed," by Garth Ennis and Jacen Burrows, published by Avatar Press. If it doesn't classify as horror, I don't know what does.

* Food doesn't usually equate to horror (unless you're watching The Stuff), but the wonderful (and wonderfully gross) site This Is Why You're Fat could send many screaming to their fruit bowls.

OK, I have to go tighten the Jesus nut on the WGON chopper, then it's off to see where the zombie horde is today...

No comments:

Post a Comment