* Speaking of writing blogs, I'd better get my rhythm together because I have decided that I will indeed write a comic book blog. Its theme and tone will be similar to this humble blog, and I hope to delve into the mythology and symbolism of certain stories as well.
* I also think I may try expanding into more genre films on this blog as well, such as martial arts films, grindhouse goodies, and whatever I think would be a good fit.
* Recently, I received a very nice award from Pixie over at Pixie's Horror Galore, the "I Dig Your Blog Award." It's always nice to be given a little recognition, and so I thank Miss Pixie for this and will place it over in my sidebar. Now, the award comes with some criteria, but I'm going to go against the grain and modify some of them just a tad. The first three criteria, I'll keep the same, which were to gratefully accept the award (which I did above), link to the the person who gave it me (which I also did above), and jot down three interesting facts about yourself (which I'll get to in a minute). I'm going to add a few nice words about Pixie and her blog, and modify the original bestowing of awards on other blogs.
First, let me say that Pixie is a fresh new voice in the horror blogosphere. Her enthusiasm and love for the horror genre cannot be measured, and that energy comes through in her written voice. She's very funny and very nice as she engages all of her readers in conversation. So thank you, Pixie, and keep up the good work!
Three mildly interesting things about me:
- I lived in Sweden for a year as an exchange student, and can still reach deep down in my subconscious to speak/read the language despite it being AGES ago. It was one fantastic year.
- I worked at Walt Disney World in the 90's, first at Magic Kingdom then what is now Hollywood Studios (Disney-MGM back then). Three AMAZING years full of fun, mischief, and friends with whom I still keep in touch.
- I did play-by-play commentary for numerous wrestling companies throughout the midwest and also in Windsor, Ontario, Canada in the 2000's. Some of the greatest adventures I ever had came during those road trips.
That being said, if you're reading this, have a really good blog, and think I should include it on my sidebar, then get a hold of me and show it off!
As for me, I'm going to put it on my sidebar and once again, thank Pixie for the award.
* OK, what else is there today? The weather here is getting cooler and crisper, and that means my favorite time of year is not far behind. It's almost October, which will bring Halloween and of course, Chiller Theatre in Parsippany, New Jersey. I am planning on being there, but won't be set in stone until I actually buy the tickets in advance. Hopefully, my plans won't change!
Until next time, fellow zombie apocalypse survivors, enjoy the approaching autumn!