Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

In The Helicopter Bay for January 14


Hey, it's Thursday the 14th, which doesn't quite have the ominous ring of Friday the 13th. I'm going to park the chopper for a night and talk about various things in a kind of this-and-that blog tonight:



* First off, my good buddy Chuck Conry of Zombies DON'T Run has given me an All-Scares Award over at his blog along with some very kind words. As the creator of the award, he also gave out awards to some other blogs that I also hold in extremely high regard. Go check it out and then go check out the blogs he listed. Guarantee you won't be sorry. And thanks, Chuck! Our tag-team just needs a couple wins and we'll be on our way to championship gold! Now, I'm required to pass this award along to two other blogs - and I confess that I don't like leaving anyone out, but Chuck did pass the award along to blogs I would've chosen anyway. The two I shall pick - and it will pain me if I leave anyone out, but I'm sure there will be other awards to hand out down the line - are the following:

---> The Horror Crypt - I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bloofer Lady writes one of the most honest, unflinching blogs out there. She's not afraid to tell it like it is and challenges all of us to use our minds. I can always appreciate that and she has my respect at all times.

---> The Paradise of Horror - Rick is one of the most knowledgeable people I've run across when it comes to the ins and outs of film - he's literally a student of the game. He earned a huge thumbs-up from me for also sharing in the Stephen King love.

Now, Bloofer & Rick, the rules set forth by Chuck indicate you cannot pass the award along after receiving it as he would like the distribution to be limited.

* I'm working on a couple non-review blogs that I hope will keep the Helicopter fresh. One will be about one of my all-time favorite TV shows, and the horror references that are contained therein. Stay tuned to find out what show it is and what references I'm talking about. It's fun for me at least - I get to rewatch all the episodes. Another will focus on some photography I did. I'm not a professional by ANY stretch of the imagination, but I'd love to share some pictures I've taken in recent years.

* In terms of real-life horror, my heart goes out to the people of Haiti. No matter what that doddering old hateful televangelist says, they did not deserve this.

* I will be adding more blogs to the list over there on the right. I've been discovering more each week, and feel I must spread the love.

* To those of you following me here on Blogger, voting my stories up on HorrorBlips, showing support, and even just saying hello: Thank you very much, and I mean it!

* Just for fun, here's me backstage in 2003 at a wrestling show I helped with in Michigan with horror-themed wrestler Gangrel and his then-wife Luna Vachon:

Scary, yeah? And they look scary as well. But I kid...myself. Thank you, good night, I'll be here all week! Enjoy the buffet!

Until next time, my friends, stay safe and don't let the bites break the skin.

1 comment: