Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Scares -- Er, Year

It's the turn of another year, and apparently another decade or whatnot. You know, the years really just blend together for me. When the zombies started walking, every day's the same.

On March 5 of 2009, and after a lot of me saying "I should really do this," I started this blog in an effort to bring my voice - hopefully, a unique one - to the horror blogosphere. In that time, I've been welcomed by a group of new friends, more experienced and truly excellent bloggers who have made me feel like I belong. For that, I will be eternally grateful, so thanks to all of you.

Also, thanks to all of you who take the time to read and sometimes comment. I really hope you enjoy what I'm jotting down about the world of horror from my viewpoint, and I'll just keep trying to make it better.

That said, I really need to be more prolific. So, in 2010, more movies, more comics, more horror everything, even if it's just a quick thought. Hoping also to hit up more conventions and events, see what I can do to be a part of more things.

Speaking of movies, I'd be remiss if I didn't pick out what I believed to be the most affecting horror movie I watched in 2009. Now, it didn't have to be a 2009 film, per se, just one I'd seen in the past year. And the choice I have may be obvious.

The horror movie that hammered my soul more than any other this past year was the French film Martyrs. If you want to know my deeper thoughts about this amazing film, the post of my review is right this way. I saw it in November, and I'm still affected by what I saw. It reached a visceral nerve inside me and I'm still thinking about this long after the credits. So, cheers to you, Martyrs, for reaffirming my faith in foreign horror.

As I raise a drink well inside the safety zone compound, I wish you all a Happy New Year and a wonderful 2010.

Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you too! Loving your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for reading! I hope your new year is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to see that you picked Martyrs. It was my pick for second best film of the year and I am always thrilled when others appreciate it like I do. It was released in 2009 in the States, so it counts!

    Hope you have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a Happy New Year to you, too, Matt!

    Martyrs still moves me. If I don't buy it soon, I'll be doing my DVD collection a grave disservice. Thanks again to Andre for suggesting I see that one immediately after recommending it.

    ReplyDelete